Not to be overly dramatic but, this sweet potato medley was everything!
We are always looking for ways to incorporate sweet potatoes into our meals but oven roasted and fries just wasn’t cutting it anymore. I decided to try something new and it definitely worked! This recipe is simple and inexpensive…I hope you try it and I hope you love it!
Carrot, Sweet Potato and Kale ala Jessica (feeds 4)
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed about 1/2 inch)
- 2 medium sized carrots (peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch)
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- Olive oil, Coconut oil or butter (I used butter)
- Heat the cooking oil of your choice in a large sauté pan
- Toss in the onion and let it soften
- Add the garlic and sauté a couple minutes
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and cook for about 20-30 minutes until they soften and brown – cover and stir occasionally
- Stir in the kale and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and DONE!
I served this with a yummy meatloaf and steamed green beans. It was perfect! And just to healthy dinner up a bit I added some spinach in the meatloaf, but don’t tell my hubby!