I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I absolutely need to be more organized with my time and space. My hurdles: a 9 month old baby, a 3rd grader, a hubby, 2 cats and 1 dog that are N E E D Y, oh and we’re all in a pretty small house.
So Mom’s, how do you do it? How do you carve out time to work from home? How do you create work space that won’t get taken over by baby toys and junk mail? Have you created some pretty awesome desk space in a corner of your house or do you leave the house in order to get some work done? I want to know and I want proof!
I’m going to try a couple of things and see if it will work:
- Wake up at 5 am. Why? You can pretty much bet that Joaquin won’t be up until 7 am, which is also the time Alex 3 needs to get up for school and also the time Alex is coming in from his workout and getting ready to leave for work. So anything I can get done in those 2 hours is gravy! Imagine what you can do in 2 hours.
- I can workout (my 21 Day Fix program is only 30 minutes)
- I can shower (mom’s you know how hard it is to get a good shower in!)
- I can prep my day
- I can do a little cleaning: maybe unload the DW or put a load of laundry in
- Basically….I can have some uninterrupted time to start my day right!
- I’m going to set up a workstation. At the moment, I don’t know where or how but I’m going to do it.
I’ll be back to update you on how it worked out but in the meantime do you have some suggestions or ideas? I want to hear them!