Alex and I hosted Sunday Night Football this past week and although my Cowboys didn’t win these dips I made were definite winners!
The first dip is a Spinach Artichoke Dip I found on Tasty
By popular demand this dip will make an appearance for our families annual Christmas Eve slumber party! I don’t know about you but artichoke dip sounds hard. I’ve tried making artichokes before and it’s just a hassle so I never thought about trying to make dip, but once I saw this recipe on Tasty I knew I had to try it! So simple and so delicious. You won’t regret making this!
Here’s the recipe straight from the Tasty Facebook Page:
– 12 Frozen Dinner Roll Dough Balls
– 8 oz Cream Cheese – Softened
– 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
– 1/2 Cup Grated Romano Cheese
– 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
– 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
– 1 14 oz Can (1 1/2 Cups) Artichoke Hearts – Drained and chopped
– 3/4 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach – Thawed and drained of excess water
– 2 Cloves Garlic – chopped
– 1 tsp Basil
– 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
– Olive Oil
Coat a 10 inch oven-safe skillet with olive oil. Place the Dinner Roll Dough Balls in a ring around the skillet. Cover and let rise until thawed and doubled in size.
In a medium bowl, combine Cream Cheese, Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella, Sour Cream, Artichokes, Spinach, Garlic, Basil, and Red Pepper Flakes.
Once dough has thawed, uncover and scoop the dip into the center of the skillet. Brush the rolls with olive oil, and top with an additional sprinkle of cheese (optional).
Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 25 minutes. (If the bread browns too quickly, lower oven temperature to 350˚F or cover the bread with a ring of foil). Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
Now sit back and watch everyone “ooh” and “ahh” over this amazing looking dip!
Next up was a dip I found on Pinterest, apparently this dip is a copy cat of Trader Joe’s Guilt Free Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. Let me start off by saying that I DO NOT know the nutritional facts on this dip but I DO KNOW that it’s delicious!
Now this recipe calls for A LOT of chopping. It’s a lot of work for a dip that is probably going to get passed over for regular ranch or french onion so my suggestion….don’t serve any other dip on your party table! This is also full of yummy healthy ingredients so serve it with fresh veggies instead of potato chips…if you must have chips opt for something healthier, maybe quinoa chips, sweet potato chips or zucchini chips!
You can see the original pin here: Trader Joe’s Reduced Fat Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip
Here’s the ingredients straight from Kim’s Craving’s blog:
- 2 cups or 17 ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 4 green onions (green part only), finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, finely minced
- ¼ cup carrot, finely minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste, as needed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. This makes quite a bit of dip so plan accordingly!
These dips are perfect for your upcoming holiday parties, try them and let me know how they turned out!